Resume: Tertiary + Work Experience
Use this sample resume as a basis for your own resume if you:
- Have completed (or are currently completing) a course of tertiary study
- Have had some formal (paid) work experience
For sample resumes designed for other levels of education/work experience, check out our Sample CVs page.
Download this sample resume:
- Sample Resume: Tertiary + Work Experience - Word (143.76 KB)
- Sample Resume: Tertiary + Work Experience - .pdf (130.66 KB)
NOTE: DON'T SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AS A .PDF. Always submit your resume as a .doc, .docx or .rtf. If you have trouble with this sample resume, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a graduate with formal work experience, you will be seen very positively by prospective employers. You will be able to demonstrate a developed understanding of the requirements of the professional work environment. You will also be able to show you have employability skills and personal attributes like time management, flexibility and motivation.
This template has been designed to focus on:
- A marketing statement that focuses on what you bring to the job and what you have achieved (both academically and professionally)
- Key skills that are demonstrated by your professional work experience, work placements and volunteer work
- Educational achievements that demonstrate your academic capabilities
- Volunteer placements that highlight your character
- Personal attributes that can help your transition into paid employment
- Work experience placements you did while studying
- Casual, part-time or full-time work experience, including the contributions and achievements that you made to those jobs
Other things you can put on your resume include:
- Written testimonials or referee statements that support your capabilities and skills
- Key achievements that demonstrate your personal or professional achievements (if relevant to the job)
- Sporting or community club participation that shows you to be honest, reliable, motivated and dedicated
This template is two pages long. It is recommended that you keep your resume to no more than two pages.
You should only make your resume more than two pages long - but no more than three pages long - if you have you have had more than two full-time, part-time or casual jobs that you really need to include.
For more about resumes and cover letters, check out these pages:
Mobile: XXXX XXX XXX
Seeking graduate-level opportunity in a management consultancy firm
Personable individual with proven time-management skills developed from ongoing casual employment while studying and undertaking internships and volunteer placements. Highly articulate individual able to work confidently with diverse cultures and situations in which cultural awareness and appreciation are integral. Strong academic background with above-average results. Invited to join Golden Key Honours Society. Knowledgeable and keen graduate with solid theoretical business understanding and a range of practical experience. Seeking an opportunity to start a professional career with the long-term aim of working as a management consultant.
- Client engagement and support
- Report development
- Statistical analysis
- Business administration
- Proposal development
- Customer service
- Business development
- Records management
- Change analysis
- Process development
- Policy analysis
- As Is & To Be process review
- Process re-engineering
Software Skills: Microsoft Word ~ Microsoft Excel ~ Microsoft Outlook ~ Firefox ~ SDSS
2011 - 2013
Bachelor of Business (Commerce)
- 2013: Commendation: "Highest Academic Achievement" in Business Law
- 2012: Invited to join Golden Key Honours Society in recognition for maintaining above-average results
- 2011: Commendation: "Highest Academic Achievement" in Statistics
St Vincent De Paul (2010 - 2012)
Melton Community Gardens (2011 - Current)
- Effective Communication Skills: Articulate communicator with appreciation for the different communication styles required when working with team members or customers.
- Honest and Reliable: Strong morals and ethics ensuring honesty, reliability and ability to responsibly undertake tasks.
- Flexible: Understanding of the need for flexibility in order to support last-minute demands and changes. Comfortable with changing environments and situations, ensuring ability to remain flexible and adaptable.
- Time Management: Dedication to effective prioritisation and management of time by allocating tasks and recording activities in diaries and daily to-do lists.
WORK EXPERIENCE PLACEMENT
Smith Mangement Consultants (January - March 2013)
3-month internship with management consultancy firm supporting small businesses with guidance on business management and policy development.
Achievements and Contributions:
- Client Engagement: Worked with clients and provided general support under direct supervision of Management Consultant. Managed client files and followed up key actions.
- Business Administration: Assisted with general business administration tasks including responding to incoming enquiries and preparing proposals for clients.
- Report Development: Prepared reports following customer site visits and meetings. Accurately reported outcome of meetings while identifying tasks and activities that required follow up by client or consultant.
- Research: Undertook extensive research to develop an understanding of various legislation and regulations relevant to clients' requirements. Collated research into client files and firm's information library.
- Business Development: Contributed to reviews of marketing opportunities for sourcing new clients. Provided recommendations, including increased social media interaction, which were received positively.
- Process Development: Documented key processes for customers to assist with developing solid understanding of their capabilities. Reviewed all activities and provided As Is process maps.
KSmart (2011 - Current)
Customer Service Assistant & Lay-By Assistant
This casual position supported general customer service demands while also assisting in the processing of customer lay-bys and stock requests.
Achievements and Contributions:
- Customer Service: Provided customer service at registers, lay-by counter and on retail floor. Responded to all customer enquiries, providing support and guidance as required.
- Cash Management: Ensured accurate management of all cash sales. Counted out all amounts of cash in front of customers to minimise conflict and ensure accurate reconciliation of daily sales.
- Stock Control: Returned stock to floor and assisted in restocking of products as required. Supported visual merchandising standards while setting up new displays and rotating required stock.
- Transaction Processing: Created customer records when processing lay-bys, stock movements and refunds. Ensured stock was allocated and all required information was accurately recorded.
- Sales Reconciliations: Assisted shift supervisor in reconciling sales transactions. Provided support through re-checks while helping to resolve discrepancies.
St Vincent De Paul Society
Phone XX XXXX XXXX
Customer Service Manager
Phone: XX XXXX XXXX