Applications for the Engage! 2018-20 program closed on 10 November 2017.
Successful applicants will be announced in the coming months, so stay tuned to Youth Central for an update.
Engage! is part of the Victorian Government’s vision that every young person should have the opportunities and support they need to reach their full potential, including those who face disadvantage.
Engage! 2018-20 offers funding of between $90,000 to $150,000 over three years to local governments and community organisations to work with young people to develop and deliver activities that engage a diversity of young people in their local community.
Engage! aims to fund organisations that support young Victorians aged 12-25 years of age (especially diverse groups of young people) to:
- have a greater connection to and active participation in their local community; and/or
- build their skills and knowledge, and pathways to employment, training and education; and/or
- improve their health and wellbeing and social connections to friends, family and the community.
Engage! is delivered with young people who contribute to developing and implementing initiatives for young people.
What type of programs might be funded from 2018?
Engage! 2018–20 proposals that:
- are inclusive and accessible for all local young people in your community.
- provide opportunities for young people to be part of the planning and delivery of programs.
- provide activities for young people from at least one of the three program categories.
- provide a safe and positive experience for young people.
- comply with the aims and guidelines.
Priority will be given to programs that target diverse groups of young people.
If you have any questions about Engage! contact the Office for Youth on (03) 9096 3004 or email Engage@dhhs.vic.gov.au.
Read the Victorian Government Youth Policy here.